Saturday, October 16, 2010 Y
Something unexpected happened that made me sooooo guilty. It was so overwhelming that even receiving my not-that-bad result on the same day wasn't enough to overcome my sense of guilt -- I indirectly caused my friend to bang into someone's car!
Typical night after class, hop onto my friend's car to go home. Exit AYE and then he got into the wrong lane. Instead of keeping to the left which leads to my house, he got into the lane that goes straight towards his house. We were already on the lane waiting for the traffic light when I suddenly realized it. Still waiting for the light to turn green and not knowing how to tell him, I started "Err....", without completing my sentence, he looked at the left side mirror and reverse in attempt to change to the correct lane on the left, before I could say anything and... Bang! We knocked onto the car behind us.
We couldn't see the car behind us because it was parked more towards the right side of the lane.
Everything just happened so fast! Was told to go back first, but how could I just dump my friend there all alone. I know there's nothing I could do, but in case they got into a fight, at least I can dial for SOS right :P But thankfully the driver of the poor car was kind of nice. Still remember the first thing that guy said with a puzzled face when he came out of the car "Hey what are you doing? I was behind you all the while leh" hahaha!
Luckily both cars merely kissed, so only a dent on both cars. But still felt really guilty because if it wasn't because of me, my friend wouldn't have had to change lane cos he was on the right lane to his house. Though both jingwen and dianne said it wasn't my fault cos I wasn't the one driving and it was his big mistake not to look through the rear mirror, but depended on the side mirror when he's supposed to check out the car behind us, still... I still felt bad about it!
Met the girls yesterday for Fish & Co at the outlet next to Park Mall. That was the biggest outlet I have been to because there are 2 floors with live band somemore. It's our first time there, and probably the last time there as well. Neither because of unsatisfactory service nor puky food, in fact the service there wasn't too bad and they provide meals that weren't available in other outlets, but because it's simply a chore to talk! The songs played by the live band were nice but way too loud for normal-volume conversation to be heard without raising our voice. Perhaps it was because everybody was talking at the top of their voice haha!
After which, went to Marina for the lightings. Helix bridge didn't look magnificent under pale pink lights, could be better under electric blue light, but was kinda impressed by the complicated architecture, very creative to think of adopting the idea from DNA molecule.

and I miss you already
8:26 PM