Monday, May 02, 2011 Y
Good and bad week.
Totally exhausted due to classes every night, worse week in this semester.
Good
*Received Y1S2 results. Not too bad, kinda happy with what I got.
After seeing my results, told myself that I really deserve a break this weekend especially with the Labour Day in-lieu on Monday, but every night when I was walking home, my mind would be filled with things I need to study or read through over the weekend. 3 reference books in the office and 3 reference books at home, how I wish I can speed read them in the shortest time.
*Received 4 compliments on a case from 2 senior librarians, boss and big boss. Didn't expect all these at all, but it really perked me up on this bad week. After all, work and school (so far) seemed to be going well.
Bad
*Upset over some matter at work - our annual swc dinner/lunch.
It falls on a Sat which is 2 days before my end-sem exam. It's fully subsidized and it's at RWS, who wouldn't want to go? I don't even know if I would have a chance to go there again. But it's really not a day I can afford to be out for fun even if it's my birthday.
"Ask her to bring her books there to study" -- Crap!
"Since you're taking leave few days before the papers, why not just attend the dinner for a few hours?" -- *Roll eyes* If I have time to spare, why would I still apply for leave?? Yea the event is only for a few hours, I don't have to prepare? I can wear pyjamas there?
"Fine, at most I'll go there to show my face, eat and leave after that. Don't you think it's a waste of my time? You think the bosses would be happier if I do that?" (The sentence that ended the conversation).
People just simply don't understand, the amount of things I have to memorise, the number of concepts I have to understand, the time I have for myself. The reason why I still blog or go FaceBook or meet-up with friends is because I wanna stay connected. Must I really cut off all connections to prove that I'm busy?
Everybody had been to school before, I'm sure everybody knows how much time and effort one has to put in to be prepared for the exams. PLUS I don't have the time on weekdays, only weekends, SO PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT!
Results were good so far, I don't wish to let this matter taint my transcipts, just not worth it.
Bosses said it's a day to go there and enjoy, have fun for all the hard work put in for the commendable award and ended up "persuading" people to perform. Really wonder if they think the ones who were "persuaded', enjoyed and had fun during the event?
I'm expecting more of it to come. Sickening.
*Personal thoughts. No offense*
and I miss you already
12:06 AM