Tuesday, August 09, 2011 Y
Happy Birthday Singapore!
Kinda bored when there's no school. But when school starts, there won't be a second of boredom cos time would be against you. School will be starting soon (this Friday), how I wish the holiday could be longer though the school has kindheartedly extended the holiday from one week to two.
Was out for a dinner cum gathering on Sunday night at Esplanade Link. A main dish for less than $10, top up $4 for a deluxe set meal with soup of the day (with bread crumbs), drinks (cup sized bigger than F&C) and a super duper yummy slice of warm choco cake (with warm choco syrup served!!). The best thing is.. everything cost only about $13+ cheap cheap and filling! BUT! Not that much of service provided cos no service charge.
Kinda worried for my girlfriends who are having hard time at work thanks to demanding, self-centered and fussy boss. So glad that my current workplace is so much better. Workload aside, at least I have not been scolded since the first day of work. Can't help but wonder whether all high paying jobs are as demanding and torturing..
Girls, jiayou ok! Every obstacle is a stepping stone to success!
Yesterday's work was hell man. Reception desk was attacked by groups of newbies due to the start of the new academic year. For the first time, there were 4 staff at the reception desk haha! Thankfully it was just a 3 hours duty, can't imagine sitting there the whole day :S
Apart from that, intermittent network problem caused the E-resource generic inbox to be flooded -_- Internal server was undergoing urgent maintenance as well, so everything kinda stucked -___-
So had to stay back to clear the emails cos today is PH, and our "law" is to reply quires by one working day but I gotta meet my mom to bring my textbook to the xerox shop followed by dinner. Ended up I was late with tears on my feet due to my sandal strap :'(
Speaking of reception desk duty, I befriended 2 first year newbies last week :D
Both 20 years old from FASS who were there to attend library tour. First they thought that I'm a graduate of NUS (hohoho!), but despite knowing that I'm a full-time staff, they guessed that I'm 22 year old heehee! 2 little girls even thought I'm a librarian and asked which subject I'm in-charge so it's easier for them to contact me haha! so cute!
and I miss you already
4:38 PM